Thanks for visiting my site.
As a professional investment officer, labor leader, employee advocate and former two term elected member of the CalPERS Board of Administration I have fought to:
- Protect YOUR pension investments
- Strengthen YOUR retirement income
- Improve YOUR healthcare quality and access
- Hold CalPERS management accountable to YOU
My background has uniquely prepared me to serve YOU on the CalPERS Board.
I’ve worked as a garbage truck driver, internal auditor, credit analyst, stock trader and investment
officer. I’ve fought in the trenches as a shop steward, bargaining unit chair, and two–term President of CSEA. I'm an economist and hold the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation. I have a BA in Economics and a MBA in Finance.
I spent much of my career working on maximizing risk adjusted returns, protecting pensions and benefits, and holding big companies and insurance carriers accountable.
Together, we can keep CalPERS strong and focused on YOUR needs:
- Safeguarding retirement benefits
- Controlling healthcare costs
- Expanding vision care to all retirees
- Improving customer service
- Making the new computer system work
- Making CalPERS more accountable
- Fighting attacks on public pensions
During my two term on the Board, CalPERS has recovered the assets lost in the 2007-2008 financial meltdown. The Long Term Care program has been stabilized and enrollment reopened.
Our pensions remain under attack and you need someone with the courage and experience to make tough, smart decisions for all members. You need Board members who will hold management accountable. You need an advocate who will defend CalPERS and defined benefits. You need a fighter who will not simply allow our attackers to control the terms of the debate.
Sincere thanks for your support and vote.